Homemade Soap is quite literally one of the easiest things to make.
- Food Thermometer
- Digital Scale
- Electric hand blender
- 12 oz partially frozen goat's milk or canned coconut milk (measure into ziploc bags and freeze until you're ready to use)
- 3 oz lye
- 10 oz coconut oil
- 12 oz lard (preferably from a pastured pig)
- 0.5 oz of essential oil
- (BE SURE TO WEAR EYE PROTECTION & GLOVES)
- 1) In a bowl, mix together partially frozen milk and lye with a wooden spoon.
- 2) In a saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil, lard and essential oil to 115 degrees.
- 3) Slowly add oil mixture to lye mixture and blend with hand blender for FULL 10 minutes so it is well incorporated and thickened.
- 4) Pour the mixture into your molds. Let dry 24 hours.
- 5) Remove, slice into bars and place on drying racks for 3 weeks to allow for saponification.