Homemade Soap is quite literally one of the easiest things to make.
- Food Thermometer
- Digital Scale
- Electric hand blender
- 12 oz partially frozen goat's milk or canned coconut milk (measure into ziploc bags and freeze until you're ready to use)
- 3 oz lye
- 10 oz coconut oil
- 12 oz lard (preferably from a pastured pig)
- 0.5 oz of essential oil
(BE SURE TO WEAR EYE PROTECTION & GLOVES)
1) In a bowl, mix together partially frozen milk and lye with a wooden spoon.
2) In a saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil, lard and essential oil to 115 degrees.
3) Slowly add oil mixture to lye mixture and blend with hand blender for FULL 10 minutes so it is well incorporated and thickened.
4) Pour the mixture into your molds. Let dry 24 hours.
5) Remove, slice into bars and place on drying racks for 3 weeks to allow for saponification.