This is a story of how I lost 35 lbs.
I didn’t care about my weight. I just wanted to feel better.
And the most surprising thing of all?
And I didn’t exercise once.
- Hydrating myself with filtered water with minerals (but drinking ONLY when thirsty).
- Mostly organic fruits and veggies
- Since we raise chickens, goats and sheep we have plenty of organic free-range eggs, whole fat goat’s milk, and grass fed lamb. I’ll take all of the above, please!
- When purchasing animal products, we always look for organic, non-GMO and grass fed. This includes grass fed beef, organic, non-GMO chicken and organic, grass fed butter and cheese. Sometimes we’ll won’t be able to find these and instead we’ll opt for “natural” versions (which usually means just hormone and antibiotic free, but not considered organic).
- When it comes to beans and grains, we prepare them properly by soaking before cooking and making bread with natural yeast instead of commercial quick-rising yeast.
- We eat plenty of healthy oils like grass fed butter, lard, tallow (that’s right, it’s healthy!), olive oil and coconut oil.
- Healthy desserts. There’s ice cream, brownies, cookies, and cheesecake. It takes some work to learn the recipes, but they are so worth it!
I mostly just switch out the bad options for the good. I still pan fry, but with coconut oil instead of vegetable or canola. I still eat pancakes slathered with real butter and syrup, plus eggs and homemade hash browns. Yum.
It really is all about eating WHOLE, TRADITIONAL foods. Seriously, people. Forget about egg-whites-only garbage and measuring your food. Eat as much as you want. Just make sure it is a WHOLE food, and not some processed garbage.