Mmmmm, homemade bread.
Yeast: A History
The Eternal Problem With grains
The REAL Solution
Using A Traditional Method In a Modern World
My Experience with Wild Sourdough Yeast
How I Feed and Use My Wild Yeast Starter
- 1. Combine water, start, salt and coconut oil in mixer.
- 2. Add 5 cups of flour, then continue adding until the dough "cleans" the most of the sides of bowl.
- 3. Now, allow to knead for 10 minutes.
- 4. Lightly water a working surface and your hands. Place the dough on the surface and hand-knead until texture is uniform.
- 5. Place dough into a large bowl and cover with a wet dish towel or greased plastic wrap.
- 6. Leave bowl on counter top 6-8 hours or overnight.
- 7. Wet surface and hands again to form into loaves. Place in pans and let rise another 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- 8. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
So, is Homemade Bread Really Causing More Harm Than Good?
I think it’s also important to mention it’s NOT ABOUT BEING PERFECT. It’s about knowledge. We need to educate ourselves and learn how to eat healthy. But Rome wasn’t built in a day, and we can’t expect to be instantly perfect about our health. Life is a journey! Enjoy the ride! And enjoy your bread!
UPDATE: If you get a starter, be sure to purchase this e-book called Sourdough from A to Z. You won’t regret it!