I love new, fresh beginnings.
And I especially love fresh eggs in old baskets. But before I share our 2016 dreams, let me take a minute and tell you how 2015 done worked for us!
- In January, I jumped on the Whole30 bandwagon, and promptly jumped off at Day 30. That’s pretty much all I have to say about that! Some people do amazing on Whole30 and really love the transformation, but I realized it ain’t for me! Props to my fellow Whole30ers.
- In February, we laughed at our baby Nigerian goats and all the trouble they bring! We also enjoyed our beloved Arizona citrus. Mmmmm.
- In March, we traveled to an essential oil leadership conference in California, as well as homeschool science camp in Prescott, Arizona!
- In April, we made disposable diapers for our goats, and our Nubian goat Luna gave birth to FOUR babies!
- In May, we started the GREAT Madam Honks A Lot Chicken Hatching adventure, and if you CLICK HERE you can see how the entire story played out.
- In June, we planted tropical trees here on our ARIZONA farm. Yep, right here in the desert. And they’re still alive! (Well, all except one.)
- In July & August, I had a big setback, both in business & personal life. Online regulations suddenly limited what I could say online about essential oils, and I think the stress of the entire situation made my back suddenly want to take a break (along with my jaw & digestive tract), and I was sick for the better part of July & August. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody. My family took care of the farm while I healed up & discovered a new way to share about essential oils online. I wrote about essential oils with traveling, balancing hormones, and back to school must-haves.
- In September, Kevin & I headed off to a business trip while the kids stayed home and ran the farm (with the help of grandparents)! We were even asked by a major celebrity to do a feature on her show, but sadly, our spot on the show was postponed until 2016.
- In October, we added yet another animal to our farm, grew pumpkins that looked more like zucchini, and experienced one of the worst things that people in Arizona experience at the end of the summer.
- In November, we beefed up some homeschooling adventures like space camp before the holidays arrived, then I shared some of my favorite homeschooling hacks! We also planted our VERY FIRST avocado tree!
- December ended with a bang with Lydia getting stung by a jerk bee and Kevin trying to convince me not to get a buck (male goat). But all is good because our very first Barbados cherries sprung!
What does 2016 bring for the Weed ’em & Reap family?
- This is a year of simplicity & focus. Organizing my life from my closet to my meal plans makes me SO much happier, and that’s what I’m going for!
- A decision must be made about Madam Honks a Lot, and whether or not we’re going to process her for meat. Bittersweet, that one.
- Our gorgeous Pomelo tree is just about in season (seriously the highlight of our year!), and it looks like it’s going to be another delicious year of fresh fruit and juice!
- Lots of heirloom vegetables are going to be planted this year, and many, many more fruit & nut trees!
- Mrs. Homepage here is gonna get a makeover, and quite honestly she’s a little nervous.
- This year is going to be about getting strong, personally & mentally. I have started two new therapies, both for my back & balance control (dizziness). It’s gonna be an adventure!
- We have a lot of new & exciting adventures (especially that celebrity spot) we’re looking forward to!
- And as always, baby goats will be arriving come March.