December was a fun and totally not crazy month at all for us! Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice??
This month was full of joy but also just plain full! It seems like every night we were out on the town. You know us party-crazed-farmers.
At the beginning of the month, we were happy our goat didn't die! Call it our Christmas miracle. Yay! The newbie farmers are saved again! We enjoyed some yummy healthy, homemade hot chocolate that I made all by me-self. And finally, we tried our best to implement a simplified Christmas for the kids. You know, to keep them from turning out all spoiled and such.
|Ethan diving into a book minutes after seeing what Santa brought him.|
|Lydia so happy that Ethan picked exactly what she wanted from Goodwill. |
(Lydia loves anything as long as it's a small stuffed animal with scarves and/or boots and preferably a scarf)
December links I loved:
- For years I have been taking probiotics, but have recently stopped and replaced them with homemade ones. Read about why you should stop taking probiotics.
- It's cold & flu season, and although we haven't been sick for about a year, a couple weeks ago I started to hear little coughs coming from the kids. I love this homemade cough remedy!
- One of my New Year's resolutions is to update my skincare & household products and become completely toxic-free! I love this article on why you should be able to eat your skincare products.
- I made my own homemade goat's milk soap and now I can't wait to try homemade liquid hand soap!
- I love this article on how Organic Farming can feed the world. The fact that we need GMO's to end world hunger is completely false!
- And finally, we just have to end with two awesome, healthy real food recipes: Salted Caramels & Peppermint Patties!